Buying or selling a home is one of the most crucial financial transactions of your life. In what can be a confusing and sometimes difficult process, it pays to leave as little to chance as you can. But with the help of a certified residential specialist, you can navigate unknown territory with ease.
To fill the specific residential needs of home buyers and sellers, the Council of Residential Specialists and the National Association of REALTORS instituted a class of expert real estate professionals the: Certified Residential Specialist (CRS).
How can a CRS help me?
Every CRS has a undergone a rigorous, specialized course of detailed training, aimed at making residential transactions as smooth and worry-free as possible. A CRS brings these special qualifications to your purchase or sale:
- Successful completion of the courses leading to the Certified Residential Specialist designation. A CRS is a professional equipped with special expertise, thanks to over 130 hours of advanced study in listing, selling, investment, taxes and more.
- Membership in a local Board, State Association, and the National Association of REALTORS. Every CRS is a part of a much larger network of real estate professionals.
- A history of successful sales performance documented by at least 75 closed transactions and at least 5 years in the business.
What this means is that when you work with a CRS, you’re working with someone who is more connected, more knowledgeable, and more experienced.
What if my needs are special?
If anything about your transaction is special, seek out a specialist. It’s as simple as that. Only 4% of all REALTORS have earned the right to be called a CRS. Only 4% have developed special residential sales skills and enhanced their residential sales knowledge through study, dedication and experience.
A CRS can help you optimize your transaction by identifying better prospects, clarifying investment potential, and helping you understand tax ramifications. It all adds up to one thing: better service.
What special qualifications does a CRS bring to my transaction?
Your trust in a CRS is well-earned, thanks to these distinctive credentials:
- A professional designation of residential specialty, the highest in the industry
- A higher level of education in residential sales
- Professional affiliation with thousands of other real estate professionals on the local and national levels
- Up-to-the-minute industry information on taxes, investment, legislation, and other areas of critical importance
- Local market knowledge – special residential expertise unique to your area
The CRS designation is our badge of expertise and your shield of assurance. Look for the CRS Shield when considering your next residential transaction. Put your trust in the best. Get the job done with the help of a Certified Residential Specialist.